Las Ventanas is proud to build New Mexico Green Build Certified Homes!
We choose to build green not only because is it best for our homeowners, it’s also best for all of our futures. We utilize technologies, products and best practices that will:
• Provide greater energy efficiency and reduce pollution
• Provide healthier indoor air
• Reduce water usage
• Preserve natural resources
• Improve durability and reduce maintenance
What does GREEN Mean?
Green building means incorporating environmental considerations and resource efficiency into every step of the home building and land development process. Doing so helps to minimize the environmental impact of our projects.
A Green home is a home that has been built with sustainability in mind throughout construction. These high performance homes are built to a high standard of performance, efficiency, sustainability and indoor air quality. The end result is a home that will cost less to heat and cool, require less maintenance and be healthier to live in. It’s a practical response to a variety of issues that affect all of us – like increasing energy prices, waning water resources, and changing weather patterns. It means making intentional decisions about:
• Energy efficiency improvements such as high levels of insulation, efficient HVAC systems, high-performance windows and energy-efficient appliances and lighting
• Water conservation measures such as water-efficient appliances and fixtures, filtration systems, and drought resistant or low-maintenance landscaping
• Resource conservation using materials and techniques such as engineered wood and wood alternatives, recycled building materials, sustainably harvested lumber, and more durable products
• Indoor environmental quality considerations such as effective HVAC equipment, formaldehyde-free finishes, low-allergen materials, and products with minimum off-gassing or low volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
• Site design planning such as minimizing disruption and preserving open space
• Homeowner education through manuals and operating guides
• Green business practices that adopt ideas from other industries for saving resources and money in the home office
Third Party Inspected & Certified
All of Las Ventanas Homes are inspected and certified by an independent third party to obtain the NE Green Build Certification and given a HERS® (Home Energy Rating System) score. The lower your HERS score, the more efficient your Las Ventanas home is and the lower your utility bills may be. BGNM certification gives the builder and homeowner a clear and quantitative measure of a home’s green features.